Chicago IT Systems S.L. is a small Information Technology company located in the Canary Islands, Spain, on the island of Gran Canaria. We provide web application development and remote server administration services. Our U.S. clients include law firms, non-profits, and other IT companies in need of custom IT solutions. In Spain our clients include companies in the tourism industry, retail establishments, and small consultancies. We are now joining forces with Secret Source to bring a deeper, more meaningful solution to all of our clients.
Some of the technological solutions we’ve developed and maintain include an intranet with Google search technology, several extranets for a large U.S. law firm, a real-time accommodation reservation system, and an aggregate RSS feed and email subscription system for the cgiar.org (World Bank) Newsroom.
Ted Stresen-Reuter, owner, is a native Chicagoan fluent in Spanish. He is a founding member of the Círculo de Emprendedores Canarios and participates in the local software development community. He has made significant contributions to many open source projects and was an important QA tester for htdig, one of the first open source web search engines. You can learn more about Mr. Stresen-Reuter on his linkedIn profile.
The technologies we commonly work with at Chicago IT Systems include:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (and online)
- PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion
- Linux distributions including Debian (Ubuntu), RedHat (RHEL and CentOS)
- Extensive XSLT (on a variety of projects)
- Search engine technologies including htdig, and the Google Search Appliance
- Apache, Subversion, MySQL
- Bash and AppleScript
- WordPress, Joomla, CodeIgniter, Yii, and many, many other open source web application frameworks…