- Role-based, Page-level Security
- Integrated Windows Authentication
- WYSIWYG Content Management
- Modular Application Framework (Fusebox)
- Firm Directory with Photos
- Firm Calendar, News, and Links
- Security Aware Recently Modified Block
- Security Aware Search Engine with Support for Phrase Searching and “Best Match” Results Ranking
This is the first version of the firm’s intranet. The Managers and Directors provided the required input on the type of content they wanted on the intranet and how they hoped to be able to update it. Self-publishing was a requirement as was Role-based security. The system includes a variety of content management features like custom display order of section contents, recategorizing entire sections (and their children), attaching documents to a given section, limiting access to a section to members of administrator-defined groups and much more. The system was first released in the summer of 2002 and remains in active use.
The system was built in PHP with the Fusebox application framework (http://www.fusebox.org/). The database is SQL Server. Access to the database server is provided by the ADODB Database Abstraction Library (http://php.weblogs.com/ADODB/). The WYSIWYG editing functionality is provided by Interactive Tools (http://www.htmlarea.com/). The system uses the Htdig search engine (http://www.htdig.org/). The system is served on Windows 2000, IIS 5 and all pages are valid and compliant XHTML 1.0 Transitional.